Orlando Pirates now own bragging rights over Kaizer Chiefs for at least a few more months, and their Soweto Derby win threw up some interesting statistics.
The Siya crew took a look at some of the – maybe surprising – stats that came out of the Buccaneers 2-1 win over the Amakhosi, with a certain goalkeeper likely to be pretty tired of playing in the encounter.
Five Stats –
• It’s now over 1420 days since Kaizer Chiefs managed to beat Orlando Pirates in the Absa Premiership, with the Buccaneers winning three of the last eight games.
• Orlando Pirates haven’t lost in 90 minutes to the Amakhosi for 10 games, with their only defeat since 2014 coming via a penalty shootout in 2015.
• Itumeleng Khune’s wait for a Soweto Derby victory goes on. He’s now played the Buccaneers 26 times for the Glamour Boys, but only won four of them. His last derby win was in September 2011.
• Milutin ‘Micho’ Sredojevic remains unbeaten in the Soweto Derby having been involved in the tie for the fourth time over the weekend. He drew his first one in 2006, before drawing again last year prior to his two victories in 2018.
• Orlando Pirates became the first team in over two decades to win a derby having conceded the first goal, coming back from behind to win the game and match the feat that they achieved back in 1995