Lebogang Manyama returned to action at the weekend following a three-months injury absence, though he could not influence the outcome.
Kaizer Chiefs were held to a 1-1 draw by Absa Premiership strugglers Free State Stars in a match Manyama came off the bench with about half an hour to go, as he looks to force his way into the starting line-up for the Nedbank Cup final.
Coach Middendorp was pleased, after having been frustrated that he’s not had Manyama for such a long period.
And here’s how – according to statistics – the 28-year-old fared in his first game back from a knee injury:
- Played a total of 34 minutes
- Had 13 touches on the ball
- Made two shots assists
- Made nine passes, of which seven were successful
- Enjoyed a 78 % pass accuracy
- Won the ball four times
- Lost the ball five times
- Did not have a shot on target